All who are prudent act with knowledge, but fools expose their folly.
If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost;
that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
Henry David Thoreau
It has been a while since I’ve shared some goals with y’all and I can sure feel the difference. When we keep our goals vague and in our heads, it leads to wandering, procrastinating, confusion, and absolutely nothing moving forward or getting done.
According to Webster, a goal is defined as “the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result”.
How will we achieve these “goals” if we don’t define them clearly?
What will there be to aim for? What result are we seeking?
That is sort of where I’ve been hanging out lately. Aiming towards something. Seeking something. Trying to achieve something. And that something is undefined.
It’s not really undefined, it’s just lost in my head and muddled with other goals, thoughts, and dreams. Like Thoreau says, I need to put some foundation under them. 🙂
Let’s do this… Today I will define my goals. I will think through what is possible, what I’m dreaming about, what is doable in the month of September. Obviously,I can’t lose 100 pounds in 1 month so that is not a reasonable goal, is it?
And let’s make them each measurable. After all, what good is a goal if you can’t determine whether or not you have achieved it? Am I right? Can I get an Amen?
- Engage with the Lord – this is an ongoing struggle to prioritize
1. Reading devotional daily
2. Starting a prayer journal
- Start the Whole30 food plan – more on this later
- Get to bed by 11:00 pm nightly – seems simple but, lately I’ve been hanging out with Favorite Third Son very late into the evening
- Limit my TV time to 1 show per day (that means 1 episode, not 1 season 🙂 )
- Plan 1 excellent date night with Big Jon
- Move my direct deposit to savings and keep that money in savings –
- Create a manageable budget
- Get through Elite Blog Academy (EBA) Unit 5 – This is an absolutely wonderful course I’ve been taking for the past several months. I have been stuck in Unit 4 as a result of re-branding my blog to PaulaTisch.com. By the way, how do you like the results?
- Increase my social media followers by 100 – My current followers are as such:
Facebook – 118
Twitter – 110
Instagram – 146
Pinterest – 355
Bloglovin – 63
- Organize my email by creating appropriate mailboxes
- Stick to my editorial calendar unless the Lord intervenes.
Wheewww. That should do it. I’m setting these in stone. Printing them out to post in my office. And tomorrow I’m going to break them down into bite-sized chunks.
As for now, well it’s September and there aren’t many more pool days left so I’m going to soak up the very last droplet of sunshine available 🙂
What are your goals for September? What is Jesus telling you to get started on?